Saturday night with my cousins ♥ just like old times ♥ #family
*white person shoots up movie theater* oh he probably maybe had a mental disorder and rough childhood, i feel bad for him we should have seen the signs and gotten him help….
*black person gets shot unarmed* oh he probably was walking around like a gangster thug, i want a full toxicology report and i’m def gonna ignore the eye witness accounts of the incident because they are all…you know…black…and probably biased and lying.
do u have some of those friends where u cant even remember how u became friends u just suddenly were friends
|—||Kid in my lit class (via lykereally)|
Fox spent much of its VMA coverage questioning Beyonce’s ability to promote feminism while being "extremely sexual."
Megyn Kelly labeled Beyonce’s message and lyrics as “skanky,” while a FoxNews.com article claimed the singer “seemed to ensure her behind was the focus on each song, all the while educating young viewers about feminism.”
On The Five, Fox hosts suggested “she’s auditioning for a future husband,” and Greg Gutfeld announced that ”the greatest thing about pop culture is convincing women that acting like strippers is empowering.”
What Fox failed to recognize is that expressing sexuality does not automatically remove a woman’s right to discuss equality. Instead, the network righteously slut-shamed Beyonce and used her performance as basis to attack feminism as a whole. In reality, such policing of women’s sexuality has harmed progress toward equality. The very same mindset has been used to dismiss women’s need to access contraception, and blame rape survivors for their own assaults.
If anyone is going to be shamed, it should be Fox and its irresponsible coverage of women’s issues.
- Do not forget Michael Brown
- Do not forget how the media dehumanized him and tried to justify his murder
- Do not forget how peaceful protests were painted as savage riots
- Do not forget police armed with military grade weapons terrorized and arrested black civilians
- Do not forget Darren Wilson being awarded over $200,000 in fundraiser donations for murdering an unarmed black child
- Do not forget that this system was not built to defend us, but to control us
- Do not forget Ferguson